Republican triathlon events will be held in Kapshagai!
On September 11-12, 2021, several triathlon competitions will be held at the Kapshagai reservoir: the II stage of the Open Cup of the Republic of Kazakhstan in triathlon at a distance of standard among athletes of the Elite category and the Open Championship of the Republic of Kazakhstan in triathlon at a distance of super sprint among athletes of categories U15, U17, U19, U23.
Goals and objectives of the competition:
- promotion of a healthy lifestyle and the formation of positive attitudes;
- development and popularization of triathlon in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- development of youth sports;
- identification of the strongest athletes for the formation of the personnel reserve of the national team of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- increasing the level of skill and qualifications of athletes, coaches and sports judges.
On September 11, sets of medals among Elite category at the standard distance, which consists of three stages: 1500 m swimming, 40 km cycling, 10 km running, will be played.
On September 12, at the Open Championship of the Republic of Kazakhstan, athletes of the Elite category will be the first to enter the fight, who will have a pursuit race at a super sprint distance (300 m swimming, 10 km cycling, 2 km running). Next, the group starts of athletes of categories U15, U17, U19 and U23 will take place at the same distance.
Location: Almaty region, Kapshagai reservoir, Riviera recreation area (right coast, Rauan microdistrict).
Start: 10:00 a.m.
Chief judge of the competition: Mikhail Kuznetsov
Event organizers: Committee for Sports and Physical Culture of the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan, National Olympic Committee, Kazakhstan Triathlon Federation, Almaty Triathlon Federation, Akimat of Almaty region.
With the support of the general partners of the National Welfare Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC, Sport Qory, the Eurasian Resources Group, and the Samruk Kazyna Trust Social Projects Development Fund.